If you have a domain registered with GoDaddy and wish to transfer it to Wilkins IT Solutions for management, there are a few steps that need to be completed in order to achieve this. This post will walk you through the process.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account
- Click on your account profile menu located in the top-right, then click My Products
- Find the domains section in the list and click the Manage All link
- If you just see a regular listing of your domains with no column for Lock listed, then click on the advanced view button (to the right of the domain search box)
- Locate the domain in the list for which you’ll be transferring and click the switch for Lock for it to turn the lock off
- Once the domain is set to unlocked, click the ellipses icon beside the domain name, then click Domain Settings
- Scroll down the page for the Additional Settings section. The Domain lock status should read as Off, if so click the Get authorization code link. This will be sent to the email address you have registered with GoDaddy for the domain. If you do not see the email then check which email address you have listed with GoDaddy.
- Once you receive the code via the email, you can provide it to us in order to allow us to complete the transfer process
That should be it, those are the steps to unlock and generate a transfer code in order to have a domain transferred out of GoDaddy’s registration. If we missed anything feel free to contact us for further assistance!