If you have a Portfolio section on your website that you would like to update regularly with new work or images, you will need to do so with the Projects functionality in your Admin Panel. Depending on how your website is laid out, the Portfolio section may appear in multiple places and may even be setup to only show certain categories where appropriate. The Wilkins IT Custom Theme makes building and updating projects easy. The Projects menu item can be found right inside of your Admin Panel when you log into WordPress so you can create projects as if you were creating a new Blog Post or Page. This quick video shows step by step instruction for adding a new Project to your website portfolio.
- First, make sure you are logged into your Website Admin Panel. You should have received this login information from us already; you can access the admin login area by typing to your website URL and including “/wp-admin” in the address bar of your browser. So for example wilkinsit.wpstagecoach.com/wp-admin, of course replacing wilkinsit.wpstagecoach.com with YOUR website address.
- Once logged into your Website Admin Panel, on the left menu panel hover over Projects and click Add New.
- Fill out the information in each of the below sections as needed:
- Title– Define your project title.
- Content/Description – The basic project layout will place your featured image at the top of the page above any content that you place in the text editor.Include any appropriate text you would like to be seen below the featured image here. You can also add any additional images you wish in this section using the Add Media button and WordPress Media Library.
- ET Settings – Page Layout– You can choose from three project page layouts—this can be unique to each project if desired. The three layouts include a left sidebar, a right sidebar, or a full width option.
- Categories– Within the Project Builder you can add a new category or choose from existing ones. This will organize your projects into appropriate categories if you are using multiple portfolios or a filterable portfolio on your site.
- Tag– Use project tags to define the Skills that were used on the project. These will display on the Project page in the Skills list. Each skill, or tag, can also be clicked on to view all projects that include that specific skill. Adding new tags are easy and again help to organize your projects.
- Featured Image– Select a featured image by choosing/uploading an image via the WordPress Media Library. This will be the image that gets displayed as a thumbnail in your portfolio and in pull on the specific project page.
- Once you have everything filled out as you want it, click Publish and your Project is now live and can be seen in your Portfolio.
- If you need to edit any of the information on certain Projects you can do so by viewing All Projects (from the left panel, under Projects menu) and clicking into the Project you wish to edit.
That’s it! If you have any questions about your website portfolio or something isn’t showing up properly, be sure to connect with us. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and check out the How-To section on our site if you haven’t done so already!